Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Anoe for President

This morning when we were watching the news Anoe and I had the funniest conversation!

Anoe: Mom, I wish I could be a prisoner when I grow up.

Me: A prisoner? (I pronounced it slow so she could understand what I was saying)

Anoe: Yes, a prisoner!

Me: A prisoner is someone who has done something wrong, and they have to spend time in prison because they're bad.

Anoe: No! I want to be a prisoner!

Me: Anoe prisoners are usually bad people that live in prison or jail.

Anoe: Then why do vote for them?

Me: Oh! You want to be a President?

Anoe: Yes, that's what I said!

Me: Oh OK, I'm sorry.
Anoe: The only rule I'll make is that everyone can do whatever they want, as long as they aren't bad and kill anyone. And they don't eat a lot of candy because it's not healthy and Mrs. Caffey says you have to eat healthy food.

I told her I would definetly vote for her if she runs for President when she grows up. Eating healthy food is very important, and hey as long as you don't kill anyone you'll do just fine!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'll vote for her!! Hey, maybe she's speaking prophetically!! I do believe we have politicians in our children's ministry!! Maybe she's right!! Life is pretty simple, too. . just eat healthy and don't kill anyone!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for her if she ran this year- she would be the best choice!

Smarshie said...

Anoe gets my vote, too. =)

Brandi Wilson said...

That is so sweet!

I would vote for her if she's not running against Joey. He's been talking a lot about being President himself, and of course I would have to vote for him. I'm sure you understand.

I don't vote for either of them to be Prisoners!

Lydianna Bradford said...

That is very cute!

I think we definetely want our children to have the confidence to make a difference in the world, and if it is my means of the presidency then so be it!

Unknown said...

ANOE FOR PRESIDENT/THATS MY VOTE.

Anonymous said...

I would vote for Anoe...