Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun in the summer sun!

Our vacation was amazing! Now that we're back and settled back into everything I can say that. While we were actually there, I couldn't say that. I got hurt while swimming one day and a water bug touched my foot. Now I know you're probably thinking so what! It's just a water bug! You're at the beach, it'll be OK. And for most people it is OK. Except for the fact that I have an irrational fear of the bloomin' things! And why of all people did I have to be the one to find it and have it drop on my foot? I screamed as soon as I saw it! Jennifer (who was in the living room) knew as soon as I screamed what was going on. I don't know how she knew, but she did. So I went outside while Tony tried to find it and kill it. I came back in after a while and told Jennifer that I wanted to go home. This was only Wednesday morning. And we were supposed to be there until Sunday! As soon as I said it she looked at Tony and said "I told you". Jennifer did a great job of calming me down. Right when I thought everything was going to be OK, there goes another water bug running across the floor towards my room from the kitchen. I literally started crying this time. I'm not really sure why I'm so scared of water bugs, but I am. I just totally freeze up and start panicking. By the way I act you'd think some huge shark was about to attack my children or something. All this to say, I did make it through the rest of the week, but I did sleep in the living room on a very uncomfortable futon with a minimum of 2 children usually 3 with me the rest of the week. I don't really have any pictures of being at the beach. So instead I'm going to post some pictures of when we went to Galveston in May. I had to be down there Tuesday - Friday for a training seminar, so Jennifer and her kids came down for the weekend and Cherry and her family brought my kids with them on Thursday.


This is a picture I took of Alexis sitting in a gorillas lap at the Rainforest Cafe in Galveston. The restaurant was so cool! Every so often there was a "thunderstorm" that came through the rainforest and the gorillas and elephants came to life! The kids absolutely loved it!!!

This Lura and Anoe with the gorilla. Lura is Cherry's granddaughter.

This is Alexis in a "Space Car" at Johnson Space Center. We took the kids to NASA on Friday. It was so awesome!!!

Here is my Anoe in the Space car!


This is Anoe on the Sunday that we got back from the beach swimming at the pool at our house. Doesn't she just have the cutest smile ever?





This is Alexis swimming in the same pool as Anoe above. The only difference is that I took this one yesterday (Father's Day).




These next few are of the girls playing in the pool at my Mom's house this past weekend.

























These are the only pictures I have right now of our time at the beach. You see those sheets in the background? Well those are the same sheets that the infamous water bug fell out of and onto my foot! I've washed them 3 times in super hot water. I still don't know if I'll be able to use them ever again though. I really like them too! :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IT DOES LOOK LIKE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. IM SO GLAD YOU GOT TO GET AWAY WITH FAMILY AND JUST ENJOY ONE ANOTHER.