Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holding Out

It's been almost a month since my last post. So much has been going on, yet so little has been going on. I've been dealing with a bunch of emotional garbage lately. None of which I can post about. But, let me say that Brandi is amazing! I've been talking to her about everything and she is just absolutely amazing!! Beyond words amazing.

A couple of months ago my sister-in-law told me how much she was into the Twilight series and she really wanted the books. She only had the first book at the time. I belong to an online book club, so I thought it would be perfect for me to buy the last three books for her. Jennifer saw that I had Twilight and asked if she could read it. I didn't care. I was so not about to read it, and it was just sitting there. I accidentally ordered all four books instead of just the last three. Anyways, after she read it, she said that I had to read it too. She said I would totally be into them. She took the second book New Moon, and I started Twilight. Let me just say this now, I AM ADDICTED. That's all there is to it. I read all four books in two weeks. I'm a pretty slow reader, it usually takes me at least a week sometimes two to finish just one book! I've even started the series all over again. I read them so fast the first time around I think I missed a few things here and there. On November 21st, Twilight opened in theatres!!! I was so excited. I bought my tickets early Monday morning. I went with two friends and Jennifer & Tony. We got there about 6:15 for the 7:00 showing and there was a super long line. They were sold out for the entire weekend. My friend Laura asked the people at the front of the line what time they had gotten there and they said they got there at 5:00. Wow, they were hardcore! Alexis and I went to watch it again the day after Thanksgiving. Alexis is reading Twilight now. Anoe really likes it too. I've been reading them to her out loud. She actually lays down and listens the entire time I'm reading out loud to her. Which if you know my Anoe, that is amazing!

I had a really good Thanksgiving! I went with Cherry to her sister-in-laws house for a little while then I headed out to my Mom's in Sweetwater.

I still love my new house. I love being at home. I think of reasons not to go places just so I can stay home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard so much about these books and the movies as well. My son eanted Twilight for Christmas so I got him the 1st book. We'll see how fast he reads it. lol

Jennifer said...

I think of reasons not to go places too but when I do it, you call me lazy. That's a double-standard.