Thursday, March 22, 2007

More Blessings

Ever since I bought my car from Jennifer the driver side windshield wiper has been messed up! Sometimes it will go all the way up and back down, other times it only a third of the way up then back down, and other times it goes all the way OFF the windshield and gets stuck on the side view mirror! It's hilarous to see, just not when it's raining!

So yesterday I decided that I was going to take the car to the shop and get it fixed. I budgeted $100 for this. (I thought maybe it was the motor, but remember I'm lucky that I even know how to put gas in the car!) So anyways, I'm down at the auto repair shop and this awesomely sweet older man comes out to look at my car. He takes some cover thing off, says "Hold on let me get my wrench". So of I wait, he comes back turns the wrench two or three times and it's fixed!!! And he didn't charge me!

So I'm like well I just saved $100 so I'll go ahead and get the front brakes fixed. I left my car there and went shopping with Jennifer. Around 5 I called to check up on my car, and he said my brakes were fine! With the moisture we've been getting there's some rust build up but the brakes are practically brand new! He didn't charge me for looking at the car again. He also checked the back brakes, and my air conditioner!

I love saving money on stuff like that so I can go shopping!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I am so proud to hear you guys have a mechanic you can trust. I would have to say I would remember that guys name and tell his manager. They are few and far between. Honesty is hard to come by in a world of Commission...

Love and hugs from Tennessee...did I tell you we got a dog? Yes, crazy has come to mind...she is gorgeous and although free...the vet bill was HIGH! Pray! :)

Pamelotta said...

That is so encouraging. It just occured to me that we need to be asking God to bless these people and their businesses because when they do something good for one of us, it's as if they are doing it to Jesus himself! And they don't even know they're doing it!

Pamelotta said...

So what's the deal with you two? Did you take the day off or something?