Thursday, March 15, 2007

Update on Alexis

I am scheduled to go back to court on March 20th with Alexis dad. I'm kind of nervous but nothing major. Jason spoke to a lawyer and was told as long as I'm supportive of him not going to jail, the judge probably won't revoke him. And I totally don't want him in jail. Alexis is actually going over there tonight and won't be home until Sunday morning in time for church. She was suppose to go last night but she didn't want to miss Life Group. She loves going to Life Group! Her favorite part is worship with prayer next. But of course all the playing with Jocie and Melody (except last night because Melody was sick) are pretty high up on her list!

Back in February we (me and all of Alexis' teachers) had an ARD meeting. We decided to test Alexis for Scotopic Sensitivity. Well everything that I thought was just Alexis playing and not wanting to do her homework were actually signs of Scotopic sensitivity. Yeah good Mom! OK so anyways, she now has a really neat little green overlay to use so she can read better. It really is kind of neat how much something so simple helps her! I'm so thankful for technology!

Oh and to brag on Anoe! She can count backwards from 5 with her eyes closed! Oh yeah that's right with her eyes closed! OK now most people don't think that's such an accomplishment but to a 5 year old it's great!

3 comments:

ericaprosser said...

I don't know why I have never been here before.
Forgive me.
Hi.
Good blog.
Could use some pictures.
Mind if I hang out a bit?

Brandi Wilson said...

Amanda, I've heard of that overlay thing before. It's pretty neat. Even the different colors make a difference. The girl that I heard about had to use a lavendar overlay. I really hope it continues to help Alexis. I'm so glad she enjoys life group. That makes me happy.

Amanda said...

Erica I would love for you to hang out a bit! And I'll work on putting some pictures on here!