Monday, July 9, 2007

Gold Digger

I didn't really want to post this with my previous post because this is way to awesome to be put with any other post!

Yesterday at church during our service our pastor had us do an excercise called digging for gold. You look into someones eyes for a certain amount of time and look for the "gold" in them! Everyone has some gold they don't know about. I thought it was a little wierd but it wasn't that bad. The first excercise we had to get a partner and look into their eyes for 30 seconds. It wasn't that bad for me. I was with Dana Bell. I don't really know her that well but I have talked to her a couple of times. So anyways, we had to look into each others eyes, and be open to hear God. Then at the end of the 30 seconds, we told the other person what we saw or what God told us. It was good! Dana said that she saw me singing and that I was very compassionate with my singing. I've really struggled with the whole singing and dancing thing. I so do not have a pretty singing voice and have absolutely no rhythm at all! Something I learned at the BFW this year is that no one is paying attention or going to make fun of me if I'm off beat or sing like a dieing cow. It's beautiful to God and that's what matters!

Then the second time we had to find a partner that we did not know. That was pretty for me. I was partners with this lady that was totally awesome! I forgot her name already though. But she had an awesome word for me! The first thing she asked me was if I had children. (My kids were not at church with me, they had stayed with their Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chad.) I of course said yes. Well she said that she saw that I was a really good mom and a hard worker! That was so awesome for me! I'm constantly struggling with wether or not I'm a good mom or if I'm doing things right. And for her to say that, it was just amazing! I left church feeling really good!

And to think I almost didn't go to church yesterday because I was thinking that I really needed to save all the gas I could! This was way worth it! And I know everything will work out! I love my God!

No comments: