Saturday, July 7, 2007

Life

For the last couple of weeks I've been in a really good. Everything was going great, I was getting a handle on my finances. I was in a good place in my life. Better than ever before. I had to buy new tires for my car unexpectedly, and I was still OK financially. I knew I needed to buy at least one tire which I expected to be about $50.00, but I really needed to replace all four tires. That ended up being $265.14. Way more than I anticipated spending, but I was able to do it and take care of my bills. It made it a little tight, but hey I was OK and I didn't have to ask my Mom for help! I was super pumped about this. I knew God would provide for us. I totally didn't have any extra money to do anything. Well that same weekend, my Mom gave me $50.00. God was so at work there! That gave us some extra money in case we wanted to go watch a movie or get an ice cream or just whatever. I had forgotten about a bill, so that made things even tighter. But we were still OK.

Then on Wednesday when we were at Nelson Park waiting to watch the fireworks, Anoe had to go to the bathroom. So I took her over there. And who did I see? Jason! Alexis' dad. They haven't seen or called Alexis since her birthday! And that was almost two months ago. I know he saw me because I could see him looking at me out of the corner of my eye. I didn't talk to him because I'm a little irritated with the situation. It's been two months and they haven't even called to make sure she's doing OK. I know they're having a hard time, but really they've never had 50 cents to call in the last two months? Yeah I seriously doubt it. I know I'm totally not acting very christian with this, but darn it she is worth a little effort on their part! I've gone way above and beyond what I should to help them. After seeing him I kind of got in a little funk.

On Thursday Jennifer came over for a little while to visit. We talked about my attitude towards the situation some. She's probably right, I should take a more Christian approach to it. Needless to say I was not in a very good mood Thursday. Then on Friday when I was leaving for work I noticed that the "battery" light was on in my car. Everything was working fine though. The battery just got replace late last year too. So I thought maybe the light was just messing up or maybe a fuse or something. Of course the only thing I know about cars is where to put gas. So my diagnoses of course is not very accurate. Well, Friday evening I was taking the girls to the drive in to see Ratatouille, well when after my headlights were on for awhile the lights on the dashboard stopped working. The gauges weren't working either. So I pulled over to see maybe if it was just a fuse. (By the way, Anoe's dad was with us because he was supposed to be taking the girls to the movie. And he can't take them without me being there. I totally don't trust him alone with my kids. Not that he would do anything to harm them. But his idea of what is OK for my children to hear and see and my idea of what is OK for them to hear and see are totally different.) So he replaced a fuse and we thought everything would be OK. I was just going to take him home since I was having problems with my car and I was going to go home then take my car to Auto Zone in the morning so they could test the battery. That didn't happen though. We didn't even get out of the parking lot before the car died. I called my brother and he said he would come and get me. We got it started again, but only went about a block. My brother said he didn't know whether it was the battery or the alternator. I praying it's just the battery. So I had to park my car at Harbor Freight for the night. My brother gave Scott a ride home, then took the girls and me home. He let me use his car today so I could do whatever I needed to do while he's at work. When he gets off at noon we're gonna try to get it to start and take it down to Pep Boys.

I was talking to Jennifer earlier and I told her that I haven't felt the way I'm feeling right now in a really long time. I'm having all these feelings of hopelessness and just yuckyness. I do not like feeling this way!!! All I want to do is lay in my bed and cry. I really need prayers!



*************************************************************
Oh I almost forgot this part! We found out yesterday that my brother and his wife are expecting a baby!!! That was one good thing to happen. And I get to paint and decorate the babies room! I'm really happy about this!!! So I guess not everything is going bad right now!

2 comments:

trish said...

Amanda,

I am always so encouraged by your blogs. You inspire me to be a better mom, a better person really. You are so sweet and optimistic. I am sorry you got a "hit" this week. I pray it will all work out. And you will abundantly be blessed with the finances to cover any difficulties. I pray that Jehovah Jireh your provider will be that and much much more to you this week. I speak peace over your heart. Trust is hard when the reality of bills are staring at you. I know GOd will provide, you are his favorite!

Brandi Wilson said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry that you had a tough week! Anoe is so valuable! So are you! I want the Lord to restore your joy and hope about your finances and Anoe's Dad. You are so special! I want this new week to be wonderful and special for you!