Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lots of stuff

I have a couple of different things I've been wanting to blog about. I've just been so busy at work lately. It's really weird, we haven't had very many tickets but on the Civil side I've been swamped! Anoe got an extremely cute hair cut. I of course still don't have any pictures because that's how I roll. Alexis got her nails done. They're kind of like a french manicure except the tips are green instead of white. I think I'm going to let her get them filled once before she has to take them off for schoo. This past Saturday Jennifer found a dress for Alexis to wear to her wedding that matches the colors of Jennifer's dress! The best part is that the dress was only $4.99!!! Alexis looks super cute in it too. I didn't even think to take a picture of her in it when she tried it on Sunday.

I joined Weight Watchers on July 8th. That first week I lost an eighth of a pound, but the next week I gained 1.6 pounds! I pretty much knew I gained that week before I even went in to weight though. I totally cheated that weekend and ate right before going to the WW meeting. But, yesterday when I went in I lost 4.6 pounds! That's just in one week! Eating all those Boca burgers and Special K are really paying off! I lost 4.6 pounds even with going to Olive Garden and the movies Friday night. At Olive Garden I had the Apricot Chicken. It was so good! And only cost me 7 points. And I only had 1 bread stick with my meal. Talk about self control. Christy and I went to see The Dark Knight. I had a junior size popcorn with no butter and water. The movie was so good. I usually do not like the whole Batman thing, but this one was different. I definitely want to go see it again! It was just so intense.

The church picnic on Sunday was pretty awesome. I made some potato salad for the picnic. A little secret about my potato salad - it was a weight watchers recipe! And it tasted pretty good. I'm actually having a lot of fun with Weight Watchers and all the different recipes.

Besides work, everything has been super boring in my life lately. Oh! I did buy some super cheap tickets to Hawaiian Falls in Mansfield.

4 comments:

trish said...

Yay for weight watchers, I would join but knowing my track record for not sticking to any diet, it would be a waste of time and probably money. I am proud of you!

Lydianna Bradford said...

Thats awesome. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I lost 4.2 this week. I had hoped to lose more but I'm going to stick with program because I know it does work!

What's a boca burger?

Anonymous said...

Way to go with weight watchers. It sounds like a neighborhood watch program or something! Anyway, also awesome about the cheap dress for Alexis! That's amazing!

Unknown said...

THAT IS SO AWESOME GIRL. IM LEARNING A LOT AS WELL ABOUT HOW TO EAT RIGHT AND IM ALSO HAVING FUN WITH THE WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPES. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, THAT ROCKS ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. DANG , I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT THE POTATOES SALAD, I SO WOULD HAVE SCARFED IT DOWN. LOL.