Monday, August 18, 2008

Fashion model

Last Friday I was a fashion model for Hendrick Home for Children! It was a blast! I wore a super cute outfit from Stein Mart with the most awesome purse ever! We had the oppurtunity of buying the outfit for 25% off if we wanted it. I did not buy the outfit. The skirt I wore was a little loose, and with me losing weight I didn't see the point in spending all that money on a skirt I could only wear for a little bit. But I did go and buy the purse Friday evening after Alexis and I were done shopping for her school clothes. I absolutely LOVE this purse. It just makes me feel more confident. I know that sounds weird or whatever, but it does make me feel more confident and pretty. I really wanted to take it with me to church yesterday but I didn't want it to get messed up with the rain. And I was lazy and I didn't switch everything over from my other purse. Actually to be honest, Anoe switched everything for me last night. She got to have my old purse and I was taking too long to empty it out.
















This is actually my 100th post and I really was planning on posting some type of list of 100 things, but the purse is way better than any ol' silly list about a whole bunch of stuff about me.

I am for sure moving out to Clyde in January. A little scary but it'll be OK, I think. I've already started getting everything I'll need to furnish my new house. All I need to get now are a dresser for Alexis and myself, a kitchen table, and some kitchen supplies to cook with! I bought a couch and love seat earlier this summer, a bed for me earlier this year, a headboard for the bed I have now that Alexis will have when we move, and a twin size bed for Anoe! Anoe's bed came with a comforter and rug and curtain. They're all girlly, so I talked to my Mom and she's going to make Anoe a canopy for her new bed out of basketball material. Anoe loves anything to do with basketball, so she'll just love it! We're also going to make her a comforter out of basketball material. I'll probably just try to find some orange or black sheets to match the comforter. I'm totally pumped about Anoe having her own room when we move. The girls have always had to share, or Anoe sleeps in my room. I'm really hoping we're able to get a 3 bedroom house when we move so they don't have to share anymore!

If you happen to know of anyone that is getting rid of any dressers or kitchen stuff at a reasonable price, please let me know! I'm storing as much as I can in Jennifer storage unit for now. I just know it's going to be so expensive to move in January, the more I can get now the less I'll have to stress about then!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a kitchen table! We're getting a new (used) one very soon...not sure when, but for sure before January. Ours is wood, painted black and it comes with 6 chairs! It's all yours if you want it, or if it will work with your house.

God's Warrior Bride said...

We have some extra household things - glass baking dishes - sheets & pillowcases - bedding - etc. but not much furniture. What I have is yours if it works for you. And you can leave it at my house until you are ready for it.

Anonymous said...

Cole reminded me that we also have a smaller table-only no chairs for it, but it's yours if you want it.

Amanda said...

Cherith-The black table and chairs would be perfect! I'm actually planning in doing my dining room/kitchen in dark red and black. So that would match perfectly. Thank you!!

Wendy-Anything kitchen related would be great. I love cooking! It's kind of a stress releiver for me! Thank you so much for your generosity!!