Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Insurance

A couple of weeks ago I got a bill in the mail for the surgery I had back in June. The bill said I owed $898.68. At first I didn't know what to do, I thought my surgery was going to take care of it all. I called and spoke with someone with my insurance company and they said that part of the procedure was elective, so my insurance didn't cover it. I was like what? How could it be elective? It was part of the procedure. But I was like, OK. This will be OK, it'll all work out. I was of course really stressing out about it because I really can not afford another bill right now.

This Sunday I was blessed at church. I calling my doctor's office to see if they would allow me to make payments if I was able to pay a large portion up front. The nurse at Dr. Harrison's gave me the billing departments number so I could talk to them to see why my insurance didn't cover my procedure and to see about what payment arrangements could be set up. The lady I talked to was super nice. She took down my info and said she would call me back after she was able to pull my file and check into what my insurance allows and everything. I didn't hear back from her yesterday so I called her back this morning. She said that she had forgotten to call me back, but she did call the ladies in Oklahoma that are in charge of actually entering the money but they were having issues with their phones yesterday so she wasn't able to talk to them. She said she would call them again and call me right back. She called back about 10 minutes later and said the lady in Oklahoma was at lunch but she would call me after lunch to let me know what could be done.

I was really praying they would lower the amount to what I actually had, and let me settle for that. Well, she called me back this afternoon about 1:30 and said that I only owe $8.72!!!! I paid that while we were on the phone. So now I have a $0.00 balance! This was such a blessing for me!

Monday I was blessed with a really cool black table for when I move and kitchen stuff! I love it when God shows off! What Brandon said is true, it's impossible to out give God!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I knew God would work it out-just was waiting for the awesome story! He is SOOOO BIG!

God's Warrior Bride said...

What an awesome testimony. God is so good. Agree with us that Julie find the same favor when she has her surgery next month.

Smarshie said...

From $898.68 to $8.72? Yes please! =) That is such great news!

Unknown said...

GOD IS SO GOOD. YA GOD.

Unknown said...

GOD IS SO GOOD. YA GOD.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.