Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Embarrassing Alexis

When I was a little girl I always said to myself that when I had children I would never embarrass them like my Mom did to me. Well, as it turns out I was wrong. I embarrassed Alexis. I didn't mean to, but I did.

A couple of weeks ago the girls and I went out to dinner with my brother, Katie, Breanne (a friend of Katie and Joeys) and Breanne's 13 year old brother Blake. We went to Ta'Mollys and after we all ordered our drinks and a bowl of queso we were talking and whatever. When the waitress brought our drinks, she put Alexis and Anoe's drinks in styrofoam cups. Usually this is not a problem. Alexis doesn't really like it but if she gets a styrofoam cup it's not like the world is about to end or anything. This time was different. She whispered in my ear "Why did she give me a little kid cup. I'm a big girl!" We weren't ready to order so the waitress left for a minute. Katie asked what Alexis was so upset about and I told her. Katie said that she noticed that Alexis kept looking and smiling at Blake. Of course I then realized why Alexis wanted a "big girl" cup. So I asked Katie to ask the waitress for a "big girl" cup for Alexis. So when Katie asked the waitress she (the waitress) looked a little confused. So I thought I would help and tell the waitress that Alexis wanted a "big girl" cup tonight. Everyone at the table (even my brother who is usually clueless) just looked at me like I was crazy! Alexis yelled "Mom!!" and everyone started laughing at me. I didn't mean to embarrass her, I was just trying to explain why the styrofoam cup wasn't OK. I felt really bad for Alexis. She of course got over it, but that was a memory I'll cherish forever!

Oh and by the way, Blake really was a cute little boy. He plays football and track at I think so he was pretty buff for a little kid. He of course never really paid much attention to Alexis. She is only 10 after all. And he has a sister the same age, so he probably knows how 10 year old little girls are.

2 comments:

Lydianna Bradford said...

I know I have already embarassed LYdianna a few times, I can't imagine what it will be like when she gets older.

Brandi Wilson said...

Oh my gosh Amanda! Our Alexis is getting to be a big girl. I don't know that I'm ready for this!