Monday, August 13, 2007

Lots of stuff going on...

This past Tuesday (7th) I registered my kids for school in Clyde. I was so nervous about it. I wasn't sure if I was making the right decision with Alexis. I would pray and feel OK about it then I would start feeling nervous again. Well when I got down there to the school to register her I totally felt at peace. I had to talk with the lady that is in charge of the Special Education program. As it turns out, Alexis is going to be mainstreamed this year! Everyone that attends Clyde Intermediate gets tested on their reading level at the begining of the school year! Everyone!! So that means if she's at a 3rd grade reading level then that's what she'll read at and if the kid next to her is at a 5th grade reading level that's where they'll read at. (Although I do have to say that Alexis and I have been praying that she is totally healed of ALL reading problems!) I'm so excited about her being totally mainstreamed! She is so funny and outgoing that she really doesn't have any problem making friends, but I know how mean kids can be. I remember how kids used to pick on other people in our grade just because the were in Special Ed. I don't want that for Alexis. She has lots and lots of self confidence and I don't want anyone to ruin that for her.

Registering Anoe was a little sadder (not sure if that's really a word) for me. This will be her first time in school. And she's my baby! It feels like she's growing up so fast but at the same time she's staying my cute cuddling baby. She is the most affectionate person I have ever met! I've even told Jennifer that sometimes it feels like I'm being molested by her! She's always touching, kissing, telling me how much she loves me, how beautiful my hair is, etc... I really do appreciate all of her compliments, but sometimes it'd be nice to just sit next to her without her touching me all the time. But anyways, she's starting school this year and she's really excited about it.

Saturday I went to the water park in North Richland Hills again. This time it was me, my kids, Jennifer, her kids, Cherry, Mike, Mason, Bridgett, Lura, and Bridgett's two step-kids. We all had a lot of fun!! I even got on a ride I refused to ride last time we were there. I didn't really get on it because I wanted to but more because I have a hard time saying no to Jennifer. I'm really glad Jennifer made me do it though. Anoe and I rode the ride together and the whole time we were on it I was screaming! Anoe just sat there smiling. Before we could even get off the raft she was asking to go on it again. It's crazy what a dare devil that little girl is.

We all got pretty good sunburns! Anoe's sunburn has already tanned over pretty much. I can not believe how well that little girl tans! Mason too! While at the water park Anoe was looking for Alexis and Jennifer said just look for the little boy who looks black but he's really not. Mason has the best tan ever. A lot of people sit out for hours trying to get his tan! It's pure craziness.

2 comments:

Cherryberry said...

Yay for our trip to the water park!!!
I know the adults enjoyed it ever bit as much as the kids did.

We would actually thknk that Anoe was sick or something if she was not so lovable and adorable.

And Alexis is going to be so loved and treated well at her new school that when she does have trouble with something in particular there will be alot of friends and teachers that are just going to love her and help her until she gets it.

Pamelotta said...

Autumn is my cuddler. She will be sitting next to me and I'll just feel her staring at me. I'll turn and she'll be looking deep into my eyes and with all seriousness say, "Mommy, you're sooooooo beautiful. I just looooooove you." And then she'll stick her lips way out for a kiss. She cracks me up. I hope her husband like outward affection, because boy is he gonna get it!