Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My first girls night out!

This past Friday was my very first girls night out! When I first read on there that Francesca was wanting to have another girls night I thought it would be fun to go. But I usually don't get to go because of my babysitting issues. Well Jennifer said she would keep my kids so I could go. When I told my friend Cherry she said she would keep my kids if Jennifer and I both wanted to go. That was really awesome. But Jennifer kept the kids so I got to go all by myself. Which is way out of my comfort zone! We were meeting at Texas Roadhouse and I got there before everyone else. While I was sitting there waiting for everyone I started feeling nervous and anxious. I was way out of my comfort zone, I can be around new people if Jennifer's with me but not so much by myself. Francesca, Pam, Rachel, and Cherith were the first ones I saw. As soon as I saw Francesca my nerves were put to ease. I'm totally comfortable with Francesca, Pam, Rachel, and Cherith! Then came Ashley, Ginny, Kelly, and Christy. I already knew everyone except Christy. By the time we were leaving I was so glad that I got to go. I called Jennifer on my way back to her house and told her my face was hurting from smiling and laughing so much! It was so awesome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had one last night and it was awesome! I didn't know I needed that so much! Isn't it nice to know you have friends you can actually giggle with? NICE! Thanks for sharing! :)
Tam

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you got to come!! (And, yes we missed you Jennifer)!! I think it was a BLAST!! Definitely something we have to do on a regular basis and something you and Jennifer both have to come to!! I'm so glad you came!!!

Pamelotta said...

I have to say, I was a little worried about you at first when we were all standing there waiting for our table. I couldn't imagine what was going through your mind. You looked a little nervous and cautious. In the end, though, I saw a smile on your face long enough to know you were glad you came. And I'm really glad you came. (Next time I want to sit at your end of the table, though!)

Anonymous said...

I'm super glad you were there! And I'm all for doing it again soon! Food-Fun-I'm there!

Brandi Wilson said...

Amanda!!! I'm glad you went! That's awesome! That's probably the first one I've missed...I'm always up for a party! I thought about you at the last one and I wished you had come!

I'm happy for you!

God's Warrior Bride said...

Amanda - I am so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone. Everyone needs a girls night out sometime. I know you enjoyed it! You go Girl?