Sunday, August 26, 2007

Meet the teacher...

Thursday was meet the teacher in Clyde. The girls were totally pumped about this! Anoe absolutely detests the daycare. And Alexis doesn't care to much for it either. So we got to the Elementary about 5:40 and went in to meet Anoe's teacher. Anoe has Mrs. Caffey. She was really sweet! I found out later that she's a member of the Methodist church in Clyde. I love it when my kids have christian teachers! It makes things so much better. Last year Alexis' teacher was a Pastor in Hamby (I think that's the town). It was really awesome. She actually encouraged the kids to pray during the day. One time around Christmas this past year Alexis actually asked the whole class to stop so they could pray! I love that Alexis wasn't afraid to ask everyone to pray and I love that her teacher encouraged it! OK but anyways back to meet the teacher... Anoe really liked her teacher and she really liked her classroom. She even made a friend. She had the biggest smile ever on her face when she found her chair with her name on it. I really should have taken a camera but I forgot to bring one. After meeting Anoe's teacher, we went to the Intermediate school to meet Alexis' teacher. Alexis has Mrs. Volks. She's new to Clyde this year, but she was really sweet too. She even knew who Troy from High School Musical was. That's some major points in our family. We're major HSM fans! Alexis class was really neat looking too. Alexis likes her teacher also.

Earlier today Jennifer and I were talking about how much less stress I'm going to have this year since my kids are going to school in Clyde. I won't have to rush to Abilene to make sure I pick them up by 6:00. And on Tuesdays the library in Clyde is open until 6:00 so we'll be able to go to the library every Tuesday after work. And I'll be able to stay the night with Jennifer sometimes, so that'll help save some gas. I really hated feeling all rushed after work! I don't have to worry about that at all now.

I'm also going to start going back to Curves this Tuesday! I haven't been since we got back from vacation back in June. I know, I know, I know, there is no excuse! So I'm not even going to try and make one. I was just being lazy and didn't feel like going. But not anymore! I will NOT fail this time!

I'll post soon about their actual first days. Hopefully I'll have pictures to go with it!

3 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

That's going to be great that the kids are in Clyde schools. That's going to take such a time burden off you! I'm happy for you and the kids.

Smarshie said...

Hey Amanda! It looks like your girls are going to have a great school year. =)

P.S. Troy + Gabriella 4ever. ha ha.

Katie said...

Good luck at Curves...I haven't been so good this last couple weeks. Football practice cuts down on healthy meal prep time!