Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years!

Night before last I had a really awesome dream. I really don't want to share it, but I really feel like it was God promising me something that I really want. I did tell Alexis a little about the dream and she's agreed to have faith with me that the dream was from God!

I actually stayed up last night until after midnight. We had a little party here at our house. It was so much fun. We had a bunch of finger foods like hot wings, chicken strips, vegetables with dip, cheese sticks, jalapeno poppers and some other stuff. We set up little stations for the kids to play different games. The big kids were playing Twister in the hall, the smaller kids were playing Kitchen in the play room and some of the other kids were playing some other games that were age appropriate. The adults watched Harry Potter 1 & 2. Then at midnight we (who were still awake) had a glass of Sparkling White Grape Juice (bubbly). My kids didn't really like the taste of it. Alexis said it tasted like wine, I asked her how she knew what wine tasted like and she said she didn't really know, but she was sure it was nasty and the bubbly was nasty. She also told me that beer is even nastier! I told her she was right on that one. It was a really fun night.

Jennifer and I switched cars yesterday because she's going out of town today and my car gets much better gas mileage. I'm really pumped about this little arrangement. I LOVE driving Jennifer's car. It's so much fun.

I hope everyone had a great New Years!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR.. 2008 IS GONNA BE GREAT.

Brandi Wilson said...

That sounds really fun. We did kind of the same thing at our house with the kids. It was nice to stay up late with the kids.

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a blast. I was in bed and asleep by 9pm!