Monday, January 12, 2009

Wants

Saturday evening I was sitting at home watching a movie with my friend Laura when Jennifer called to see if I was home. She said she had something for me and would be there in a few minutes. I really thought she was bringing me my Christmas present that just barely came in the mail. Which I am super pumped about. Oh no! She bought me a microwave. Now I know to some that may seem strange, but I didn't have one. I had told her last week I really wanted to get one. I didn't realize how much I needed one until we moved. Of course a microwave is way low on the necessities of life list, so I still haven't bought one. Jennifer could not believe I didn't have one. So she bought one. And what's even better is that she paid attention to my wants and got me the color I really wanted. Tony & Jennifer came over to eat dinner Sunday and she was surprised that it was still in the box. I told her that I just been lazy all day. I hadn't even cleaned house! Tony unpacked it so he could use. Then during lunch on Monday when Jennifer and I were talking I told her that I wasn't used to having a microwave so Sunday after church instead of unpacking my new microwave and using it to reheat leftovers, I heated them up in the oven. We both laughed at how silly I am. It's going to take some getting used, that's for sure. I am just so grateful! God so gave me one of my wants, just because he's cool like that.

2 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

I didn't know there was even one person in North America without a microwave.

Good think you've got a good sister.

trish said...

He is cool like that.