Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Basketball practice

Anoe is finally in basketball! She's only had one practice so far, but she loved it! The other girls on her team are all in 2nd grade, but she's just as tall or taller than all of them. I can way tell a big difference in her maturity though. The other girls talk to each a bunch and Anoe just stands off by herself. Of course talking to herself. That girl loves to talk! She did so good too! She actually made a shot when they were practicing. The first picture is of her preparing to make a shot. She's the one in all black standing next to the lady in the white shirt and black pants. I took these with my phone, so they're not very good. I'll make sure to get a better camera before her first game. The second picture is of her dribbling the ball. She was so excited at first that the coach had to tell her twice not to dribble so high. She would let the ball go way over her head. After the coach got her attention she did much better. She was running up and down the court like a pro after that. Seeing the smile on her face made all the nagging she had done the past 6 months so worth it!


5 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

I know she's going to love it. She already dresses like a basketball player. :)

I'm glad to know the nagging is worth it. Spencer has been nagging about baseball for a year now. This spring he will be a baseball boy.

Unknown said...

aaawwww go Anoe..
She's going to be great

Anonymous said...

Basketball already? Wow. I didn't know they offered that for kids so young. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Rachel said...

YAY!! I need a schedule!! We were going to put Payton in it, but decided we couldn't commit. . . but I would love to come to a game or two!

trish said...

I am glad we have practice times together!