Friday, February 23, 2007

Child Support

I really should blog more often instead of saving it all for one day! But what fun would that be right?

On Tuesday I had to go to Sweetwater for a Child Support hearing with Alexis dad. Her dad (Jason), her step-mom (Heather), brother, and sister (not Anoe) all rode with me there. We get along very well. God has really blessed Alexis with such a great step-mom! Anyways, while we were there, we found out that they (the Attorney General) were filing a motion to revoke Jason's probation. He was put on probation two & a half years ago for child support. He's only paid fours times over the last two & a half years so they want to revoke his probation.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I don't want him to go to jail. He has three other children at home and Heather is a stay-at-home-Mom. So if he went to jail, it would really hurt their family. But then on the other hand, I feel that he should be helping me with Alexis. She's almost 10 and he's only paid child support maybe about 15 times! And he's only court ordered to pay $114.00 a month.

Tuesday afternoon after we got back from Sweetwater, Heather called me and told me how worried she was about the whole thing. And I totally understand how she could be afraid of what is going to happen. I told her that the only thing I could think of was if he were to sign over his parental rights. I already have sole custody of Alexis, so not much would really change. I told Heather I had to pray about it though. And again I have mixed feelings. Part of me knows this could be the best for everyone. It's not going to help Alexis if her dad is in jail. And I'm certainly not going to get any child support that way. But then again, isn't she worth a little sacrifice and hard work? I think she is.

Please pray for our situation. Honestly I haven't prayed to much about it because I'm scared. And I don't want to be. God has a perfect plan for us!

3 comments:

Pamelotta said...

You are an amazing woman to be so gracious in this situation. I don't know what your past with Jason was like, but it sounds like you have a good handle on things. God has already protected you up to this point. That's not going to stop. I think you are right to think of his wife and other kids. You are being a faithful steward of the relationship to be concerned with his well-being. You never know, God might be drawing Jason and his whole family to Him and you might be an instrument in that. Just remember, God is your husband and He is the sole provider for your family. Jason could not ever pay another penny and you would still be set for life because your husband is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. The most important thing right now is that you do what God wants you to do to best serve Jason and his family for the kingdom of God!
Oh, I almost forgot, Alexis has the biggest, richest daddy there ever was because her daddy and your husband are the same person! God has her best interest at heart and will take care of all her needs. Physical, spiritual, emotional, all of them!

Brandi Wilson said...

What do I say after Pam's post? It's all true!

Tamara said...

I just want you to know you are being prayed for. This is such a tough situation. I don't know what to say! LOve and hugs!