Friday, October 26, 2007

Child Support

Last Friday I was sitting at home watching Hannah Montana with the girls when Ms. Judy brought in the mail. She said I had a check. I was like what? A check? Who in the world could be sending me a check and how did she know. Well when I looked, it was a child support check! I was so excited! I was just thinking about some stuff I really needed but really didn't have the money for it all. I was trying to decide what we could do without and what we absolutely had to have. So here I am looking at this child support check, and I'm thanking God for sending me an answer to my prayer! Well I open it up to see how much it is. It is in the amount of $1.00! A freaking dollar. What the heck?!?! What is the point? I mean seriously, it cost more to print and send that check to me. I was so upset! I called Jennifer and told her about it and when we got off the phone I started praying again. I finally was just like whatever. If a dollar is all he (I had no idea if it was from Alexis or Anoe's dad) can afford to send that is fine. We'll be OK. I asked the girls if they wanted to go play at the playground so I could walk and of course they were excited about that. So here I am walking at a nice fast walk, my heart is beating fast, I'm starting to feel pretty good and Anoe's dad calls. He asked what I was doing and if I wanted to meet him at Target so he could buy Alexis a Halloween costume. I told him that the costume Alexis wanted was at Wal-Mart. So he said he would meet us there. She got to pick out the costume she really wanted but I wasn't willing to spend $20.00 on an outfit she would only wear a couple of times. He also got Anoe a new pair of shoes which she really needed! I was so happy he called and actually followed through with what he said he would do. Next Friday he's supposed to buy Alexis a jacket.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

If the jacket doesn't follow through, would you please email me, I have been blessed this year with clothing from friends. I would be glad to send you something for Alexis. Seriously!

XOXO
Tam