Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Girl Scouts sell nuts?

Yeah, who knew the girl scouts sell nuts? I sure didn't! Of course everyone knows about the most delicious cookies we will sell in January, but nuts? Come on!!! Anyways, last night was our weekly troop meeting. Three girls showed up last night that had not shown up the previous week. One of the little girls "A" was super awesome. She was helpful, she listened. She was just awesome. Girl "C" I think has a few problems. She was really hard to understand and very immature for her age. But she was super sweet too. She even made me a snowflake! Girl "M"....... well lets just say Girl "M" is the type of child that makes me not want to do this whole Troop Leader thing. But I am NOT a quitter, so by the end of the year I bet she'll be my favorite girl. (OK not really but I'm really trying hard to convince myself) OK, so back to the meeting. We split the girls up into two groups, I had one group of girls with me in the kitchen making blender drinks while the other group was with Rene making grilled cheese sandwiches. The first group to make their drinks, put ice cream, chocolate syrup, honey roasted nuts, whipped topping, and bananas in it. The second group put ice cream, chocolate syrup, honey, whipped topping, strawberries, and sprinkles in theirs. I didn't try either one but I'm pretty sure they were a little to sweet! But hey they're kids and I didn't have to keep them all night.

After the troop meeting, there was a Nut training and Area service meeting. We were supposed to be done by 8:00 which is OK, I'd still get home before 9:00 and be able to spend a little bit of time with Anoe before we went to bed. Oh no!!! I left the meeting at 9:00. They weren't done yet but I told them I had to go because my "babysitter" thought I would be there to pick up Anoe by 8:30. (Jennifer had Anoe and she didn't care how late it was. Anoe was really good for her.) Some of the meeting was really good and informative, but the last 30 - 45 minutes they were only talking about Girl "M" that is in my troop. They've had some other problems with her trying to take over the younger girls troop meeting. I just kept thinking to my self that I just repented the night before for thinking stuff that I should not think about people. This was so not helping. And Alexis was there with me so she heard everything that was said. I do know that Girl "M" was annoying last night during our meeting, but I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the way she is being brought up. Nobody raises their children the same way. We'll just have to work on teaching what type of behavior is allowed in the Girl Scout Hut.

So on November 1 we will start selling nuts. I have the brochure and all already. I'll post stuff about the actual sell when November 1 is a little closer. Oh and one other thing. Anybody that knows me very well, knows how much I LOVE order and organization. Well the Girl Scout Hut is the most unorganized and dirty place ever! I plan on spending one whole meeting on cleaning and organizing the place in the next couple of weeks! Oh how I love to organize! I'm super excited about this!!!

6 comments:

ericaprosser said...

Amanda- would the girl scouts like to host a booth for hallelujah night?

Cherryberry said...

You are anut, and I love you> :)

Cherryberry said...

funny that looks like Isaid your an aunt
You know what I meant.

Jennifer said...

I wanna go to Nut Training!!!

Amanda said...

Then you should have become a leader!

trish said...

Can you come over and organize my office for me? We are supposed to move in next week- my new place of employment is the most unorganized place besides my bedroom ever. Bedroom disorganization tolerable. Office disorganization= Agonizing