Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lots and lots of stuff

It seems like so much has happened since the last time I posted, but yet nothing has happened! So I'll just start naming things as they come to mind.

Last Wednesday (October 10)I went to the doctor for these headaches I had been having for about a week and a half. Let me tell you, they were making me a very mean person! My head was hurting so bad I was constantly irritated which of course meant the girls were in trouble ALL the time! Poor kids. Lucky for them I didn't even feel up to giving out pops. Seriously I'm glad I didn't. I was mad for stupid stuff, stuff that they're supposed to do. Like oh I don't know, asking me to help them with homework or washing their hair while they're in the shower. Yeah it was pretty bad. But Trish really helped. I got 3 shots and had some blood drawn. I didn't have a single headache yesterday! I was so happy!!! And I was in such a good mood. I also went to see Dr. Sloan for a foot problem on Wednesday. Nothing exciting there.

On Sunday the 7th, I was blessed at church by a really awesome friend with money to cover my co-pay at both doctor's appointments. That was awesome!

Girl Scouts are going pretty good. Jennifer and I have devised a plan for Thursdays! I'm super excited to start our new schedule. Anoe has Girl Scouts from 6:15 to 7:15 every Thursday. Instead of me having to stay in town until 7:15, Jennifer is going to pick up Anoe every Thursday and Anoe will stay the night with her. That will give me one night a week to spend alone with Alexis (or Rochelle as she is now known to all her friends at school). I have been so busy lately, this is really going to help!

I found out last week that next year I will be in Galveston for Court Clerk school in the middle of May. Which just so happens to be the week of Alexis' birthday. So I'm going to Galveston for school from May 13th to May 16th. I get out of school at noon on the 16th. Jennifer is going to bring all the kids down with her on the 16th and we're going to spend Alexis' birthday at the beach!!! In case you missed the post where I said I LOVED the beach, well I seriously loved it! I really think I need to move closer to the beach. I'm really hoping God will make a way for me to move closer to the beach instead of Clyde next summer.

We were in the parade for the Pecan Festival here in Clyde. It was actually a lot of fun. We got together Friday evening at Jennifer's to decorate the float. Almost all the girls in my troop showed up to help decorate. The girls really are sweet. I think I actually might learn some stuff from them as well as them learning from me.

The last thing I can think of is the best and most important! I seriously believe I'm God's favorite in the entire world!!! I love raining/foggy weather. This has been the year for rain and fog! It's almost 2:00 and it's still cloudy outside. It's not to hot, really it hasn't been that hot at all this year. I love this weather! So in my book, God is really loving on me this year!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's up with alexis going by rochelle?

i totally agree about the weather thing! i love the rain!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

She decided that when she started school in Clyde she wanted to go by Rochelle instead of Alexis. Rochelle is her middle name though. She said that Rochelle is a pretty name and Alexis isn't. Kind of irritating but at this point this is one battle I'm willing to lose.