Friday, September 26, 2008

Anoe-ism part 2

The day before yesterday Anoe and I were walking down the hall to get something out of the kitchen before we left for school/work. She kept coughing/clearing her throat/sounding disgusting! Me being the comedian that I am, I asked her if she had been smoking. She just looked at me like I was a complete idiot. (I actually get this look a lot from Alexis) I said "You know, you keep coughing and clearing your throat. So you sound like a smoker in the mornings." Still with that same look, she said so matter-of-factly "No I don't smoke. Oma would kick me in my throat if I ever did. And I need my throat to talk!" Then she just walked off shaking her head. I told her I was just kidding, but she didn't get the joke.


*Disclaimer: My Mom is always saying she'll kick someone or something in their throat. She has never really done such a thing to either of my children.

2 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

that is so dang funny!

Jennifer said...

My mom really does say that. I have no idea why. It used to be that she would poke their eyes and spit on them (whoever them is), but now she graduated up to kicking them in the throat. Amanda is right that she has never done that to the kids, or anyone else for that matter, because I really don't think her short, stubby legs would reach that far. Watch out for the shins though.