Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where does the time go?

Sometimes when I think about Alexis and Anoe, I still picture them as babies. Well not babies, but younger than what they really are. Especially since I know ALL of their quirks! It's hard for me to accept that Alexis is 11 and Anoe is 6! Then all of a sudden Alexis will show me that she really is getting older and more mature. For example: It's totally OK with Anoe if we hold hands while we're walking around at her school, Alexis on the other hand, might let me walk next to her. Depending on how many of her friends happen to be around at the moment. Don't get me wrong, they're both super kids, Alexis just doesn't think I'm as cool as I once was. Little does she know that I really am a cool Mom. Or at least I like to think I am. Anoe totally thinks I am too.

When I drop Anoe off at school, she always gives me a kiss and says I love you. I don't even have to bribe her to kiss me! When dropping off Alexis, she sometimes blows a kiss to me, not very often though. She does wave good-bye as she walks away from the car though. Oh, and when I say I love you, she says I love you too. Even when her friends are with us. That makes my heart happy.

Friday night (Homecoming) I dropped Alexis off at the football game with one of her friends. When she got out of the car, she automatically said I love you. Before I even said it. Her friend was super sweet and said, "Thanks for the ride, Mrs. Chavez" All I could think was that I'm old! Mrs. Chavez? I'm not even married. Poor girl, I think she was just trying to be sweet. Anyways, back to my baby. I called her twice to check in and make sure she was doing OK. Every time she sounded fine and said she was having the "best night of her life!" Secretly I kept hoping she would ask me to come up there to be with her. Maybe she didn't have anyone to talk to. That never happened though. The child has more friends than she needs! It's actually a little ridiculous how popular she is. She isn't one of those popular girls that is rude and hateful to the unpopular girls either. She's really sweet to everyone. I've met a lot of her friends, so I know she's not only friends with the "popular crowd". Which is awesome. That just shows that she a good girl.

This past Saturday when I was at the Pee Wee football game (only there to cheer on Alexis of course - but our team is pretty darn good!!) I received the picture posted below. I couldn't stop looking at it. At first I wasn't sure if it was really my child. My precious child that not too long ago still needed me to help her fix her hair, brush her teeth, wash her hair, and on occasion pick out her school clothes! I'm pretty sure it is the same child though. As sad as it is.






Don't tell Alexis I told you, but she let me help her straighten her hair for this picture! See, she does still need me!! Just don't let her know.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Be encouraged!! She'll always need you. . . your role may change, but she'll always need you. That picture is absolutely beautiful! I love her hair like that!!

Pamelotta said...

She's beautiful. And whenever I'm anywhere where there are a bunch of kids, it never fails, I hear my name being called and I look over and it's her saying "hi!" I love that about her. She really is sweet.

Unknown said...

WOW, what an awesome picture. And I agree with Miss Rachel.
She will always need you as her mother.
You might not end up being her best friend later in life, but trust in this, She will always need her mothers love. And you are a great mother.

Anonymous said...

Great picture. She is really photogenic (I'm not sure if that's spelled right). She's too cute!

trish said...

She is scary beautiful.( Scary to a mama). But worry not- you are not alone in the beautiful, just my baby yesterday 11 year olds. And she really is sweet. P.S. I love the way she does the little side ways hand wave smile- complete sweetness. And hair straightening help is just a little gift from God.

Anonymous said...

WOW... She is beautiful... She does get that from her momma... She will always need you...

Love ya