Wednesday, October 22, 2008

update on the move

So as you know, I moved week before last. Every time I go home, I fall more and more in love with my new house! It's just great. I have almost everything unpacked and put up too. Really the only thing left is my room. I have a few clothes left at our old house in Abilene, but I'm planning on getting all of it this weekend. I cooked for the first time this past Sunday too. Well, I really just heated up a store bought pizza. But on Monday night I really cooked. Jennifer made spaghetti a couple of months back for my kids one night, but she didn't use regular old spaghetti noodles. She used penne pasta. My kids fell in LOVE with the stuff. So for our first official meal I made "Nennie Spaghetti". It's actually a little ridiculous how much Anoe loves the stuff. Whenever I ask her what she wants for dinner she always says "Nennie Spaghetti". I'm totally glad she likes something Jennifer made, but hello! I'm a really good cook too. Oh well, at least she's wanting something healthy instead of just junk food.

Alexis decorated our front porch the second day we were there. She did a really good job. She wasn't supposed to decorate until everything was unpacked though. But again, oh well.

The weather is getting so awesome! I love this cooler weather.

I have officially started counting down the days until Jennifer gets married. This has been a pretty hard journey for me. I've really struggled, but I am extremely happy that she is getting married to such a wonderful guy. Tony really is great for her and the kids. One of the best things in my life right now, is seeing Kalista and Xander run up to Tony to give him hugs! You can tell he's just as fond of them.

Brandi let me borrow a book "Wilderness Skills For Women" by Marian Jordan. It is such an awesome book! I really love it. I think the girls are going to get me this book for Christmas this year. It is just so good! I think every woman should read it, especially single ones.

This past weekend I went to a single adults conference at Pioneer Baptist Drive in Abilene. It was amazing! I really learned a lot and took a lot away from the conference. Dave Edwards is a really awesome speaker. He's funny and still gets the point across.

There you have it! An update in my crazy busy little life.

1 comment:

Brandi Wilson said...

The book is yours. I'm glad you liked it!

I'm so glad you have a home that you're proud of!