Friday, October 24, 2008

Voting

Early Voting is being held in my office this week and next. We have had such a good turn out! I'm registered to vote in Taylor County, but I moved to Callahan County after the "register to vote deadline", so I wasn't sure how or where I would be able to vote. As it turns out, I could vote in Taylor County still because I do still have stuff at my old address or I could vote here in Callahan County during early voting. But I could only vote on a "limited ballot". I could only vote on that pertained to both Taylor and Callahan Counties. Which is fine with me, I was really only worried about voting for the President. Anyways, at Life Group Brandi had said how she likes to wait until Election Day to vote. She likes all the excitement in the air and all. I prefer to go during Early Voting, I do not like long lines and big crowds of people. So, I was just wondering what everyone else prefers. Are you an Early Voter, or an Election Day voter?




For your reading enjoyment, I have included a conversation Anoe and I had the other when she was praying.

Anoe: Mom, who's the guy we want to win?

Me: What are you talking about? Just get done praying Anoe, we'll talk after you're done.

Anoe: No! The guy that we want to be Prisoner! (she can't say President very well)

Me: Oh, John McCain.

Anoe: Thanks. (back to praying) Lord please let The Cane win. I really like him. Thank you. Please let The Cane win! And the girl with him. My Mom likes her hair.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm early voter. Mostly because my sister harassed me into voting...

Brandi Wilson said...

That was so adorable! I think McCain may win from that prayer alone.

As you said, I'm a-on-the-date-voter. It's so fun. I like to take all my kids with me so they can be a part of it. Plus, it makes me look like a good mom with all my kids taking the time to vote. I'm hoping I'll be on the news or something. I'll wave to you Amanda if I get to be on the news!

Anonymous said...

too funny! I prefer to vote on election day, but usually do early voting...just so I don't forget.

Unknown said...

I HAVE ALREADY VOTED. AND ANOA HAS MY VOTE AS WELL.

Anonymous said...

ELECTION DAY VOTER HERE>>>>

HEY update on the date...