Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Alexis' Birthday Party

Alexis' birthday isn't really until the 17th, but I'm leaving for the BFW on the 17th so we had her birthday party two weeks early. Oh my goodness, let me tell you how incredibly awesome it was! All day Saturday it was horribly humid!!!! Then about 6:00 p.m. a nice cool breeze started. Her party started at 6:30 and was at Nelson Park, so the breeze was much appreciated. We had the best turn out ever! Usually there's only one or two of her friends that show up along with me, Anoe, Jennifer, her kids, my brother, and sometimes my Mom and Symantha. Oh no not this time! Multiply that like by at least 5 maybe even 6! It was great! There were actually people there that were not related to her in any way! It was like one of those parties that you see on T.V. Like when the kids have friends and the parents are all stressed and running around making sure everything is going OK and trying to be a good host and socialize with everyone! Yeah that was our party! (OK really it was Alexis' party, but I'm way excited over her blessings!)

***********************************************
Last night Alexis had her school program. She did awesome! The program was to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. So most of the songs were in spanish. She was able to sing almost all of the songs. After the program when I asked her what some of them meant she said: I don't know, I just did what Mrs. Graham said to do! I couldn't stop laughing. Anoe knew some of the hand movements from Alexis practicing so much at home. It was cute watching Anoe doing the movements with the kids up on the stage. I love evenings like this!

I am so blessed with the two beautiful children God has trusted me to raise!

3 comments:

Pamelotta said...

Sorry I missed the party. I had a thing Saturday night (see Trish's blog), but Alexis' party was second on my list!!! I didn't even tell my kids about it because I knew they would be dissapointed that they couldn't go. I'm glad it was awesome. She is loved!

Katie said...

This isn't about your daughter's party, but it sure sounds nice! Thank you for you comment. The wedding happened. I lived. Thank you for the prayers!

Tamara said...

Ok...just wrote a long comment and it went away...so this one may be a little different.

Thanks for the reminder of how special our children are!

I tagged you for a meme. For fun, no pressure!
Love,
tam