Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Heaven

This was by far the best weekend of my entire life! And I know so many other amazing women agree with me! I left so much JUNK on the cross it's almost to crazy to believe! As soon as I walked away from the cross, I felt so much lighter. My heart didn't feel heavy with anger or any of that other junk I nailed up there. I can't come up with any words to describe what I feel except "awesomely wonderfully perfect". I had my first test Sunday night after we got home. Anoe's dad called, which is fine, but of course he wanted to talk to me. He wanted to know why I was so tired and asleep in the middle of the afternoon. I told him I had just gotten back from an awesome women's retreat. And he said "Oh, so you were out partying and drinking all night." Instead of getting angry and fighting with trying to convince him I'm not a bad mom, I just said "Yeah, I was drunk on the Holy Spirit almost all weekend!" I could just see God smiling at me!

One of the best things to happen to me this weekend was when I went to Heaven. Now at first, I just wasn't getting there. I sat down and started to pray for God to show me what to do. Then at that exact moment Krissy came by and whispered "Just believe". It was amazing! Then a few minutes later Brandi came and touched me! I went to Heaven!!! As I was looking around, it was kind of dark and cloudy. I asked God why it was so cloudy, and he said because it's the perfect weather for me! (I love it when it's cloudy outside!) I told God I only wanted one thing from Heaven. I told him I wanted Alexis to be healed of all her reading problems! He took me by the hand and led me to alittle park, there sitting on a bench was Alexis reading a book! Not a book with green overlays, or anything, she was reading ABOVE her reading level. I just knew she was reading at a 5th grade level! (She's going to 4th next year, but is at a early 3rd grade reading level) God told me he had already taken care of her, I was there for me!

I told Alexis and Anoe about this Sunday evening. Alexis said she wanted to go. (Of course who wouldn't, right?) Then she kept asking me all kinds of incredible questions. So last night when I picked her up from daycare, she told me that she didn't use her overlays at school yesterday and she only messed up on one word! I started crying while driving. And believe me I'm a pretty bad driver so it was pretty scary!

There's more to come, but it's time for me to go home and go back to Heaven!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You didnt tell me about all of that! I'm supposed to be informed first. I am so happy about Alexis. I started crying while I was reading about her. So flipping awesome!

Brandi Wilson said...

Amanda! That is so awesome! I loved reading that!
Thank you God that you have healed Alexis of ALL reading problems! I pray this summer you will give her a passion for reading! I pray that not only will she be a good reader, but that she will comprehend all that she reads! Father God, give Alexis a unquenchable desire to read more and more of your word! When Alexis picks up the Bible I pray that the Holy Spirit will breathe life on the words and revelation will fill her spirit in Jesus' name!

AND...please send us all back to heaven! We can't get enough!

Rachel said...

I also started crying when I read that!! Krissy & I have a book on how to teach kids to go to heaven. . . I mean, you don't necessarily have to "teach" her, but it's a really easy pamphlet thing and is like a cartoon book explaining it. Anyway, I can copy it for you if you want.

Amanda said...

I would LOVE a copy of that! Alexis will be so pumped when I tell her!

God's Warrior Bride said...

Amanda,

I loved reading about your trip to Heaven. I think it is fantastic that you didn't let Anoe's father provoke you to anger and steal you joy. Can't you just picture the look on his face when your response was totally not what he expected? It had to have been the perfect hidden camera moment. I am also excited at what is happening in Alexis' life. God is so good to us.