Friday, May 11, 2007

Anoe


My sweet Anoe is not acting very sweet anymore! Until about a month ago she had never been in trouble at "school". (She really only attends a daycare, but she calls it school because they do learn there) Anyways, a couple of weeks ago she got her clip moved for the first time. I was really disappointed, but I thought it was her first time EVER being in trouble, so I only talked to her. Then that same week, she got in trouble again. It was a Friday and we were on our way to my Mom's for the weekend, so she had to wait an hour and a half before she even got her pop. So after that she was really good for like two or three weeks. Then this past Monday, she got her clipped moved again for talking during lesson time. When I got there to pick her up, the teacher told me she almost got her clipped moved a second time in one day for not listening. I was like what?!?! Not my Anoe. She's a very active five year old, but twice in one day is not my Anoe's typical behavior. She of course got a pop when we got home. Alexis had her school program on Monday so we had to go home so Anoe could get her pop before we could go get cookies for the program. Then yesterday when I pick up Anoe what did I find? Her clip moved again! I talked with her teacher and she didn't think Anoe deserved a pop because the girls Anoe was talking to were not suppose to be at Anoe's table and Anoe did behave exceptionally well the rest of the day. So instead of a pop, she had to go to time out. Now for Anoe this is even worse than a pop. At least with a pop she can still play with her toys or whatever. When she is in time out she has to stay on her bed or wherever I tell her with NO toys or anything! She's not allowed to talk either. This is like torture for her.

I told her that if she behaves today at school we'll go to a movie this evening. (I was already planning on taking them to a movie but they didn't know about it.) I'm just kind of at a loss as to what I should do. I really need prayers for this situation! I'm trying so hard to be a better Mom, but sometimes I get so frustrated I just don't know what to do!

3 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

Here's my thoughts about the whole thing when I was reading...judge this for yourself.
It's almost summer! There's only 8 more days of school. Everything is gearing down, and there's an excitment in the air. The weather has been strange so they haven't been able to play outside as much as usual so there's built up energy just waiting to come out some where.
Anoe is a good girl, and before recently she never got in trouble. I suggest that you don't put too much thought into it. Summer is coming, and things will change soon. Be patient with her.

Pamelotta said...

I think you could get better suggestions if you put up a more appropriate picture of the little angel. Absolutely nothing that you were saying sunk in because I just kept going back to that picture of her looking so darn cute! Sorry. I'm no help.

I do actually agree with Brandi. It's called spring fever. Only with summer.

Amanda said...

Brandi-- I think I'll have to agree with you! I didn't even take into consideration all the outside playing time she's been missing out on. With how active Anoe is, just one day not being allowed outside must be really hard! Thank you so much for this insight! I'll try to be more understanding this week.

Pam- I do agree about the picture. It is hard to believe Anoe is capable of being bad when she looks so darn cute! I really should put a picture of her with frosting all over her face and her hair all raggedy! You should of seen her Saturday when we finally left the block party. She had tye-dye all over her clothes, hands, and arms!