Thursday, May 24, 2007

Learning from our children

Yesterday when I picked up the girls from daycare, Anoe had 3 things she wanted to tell me. Two were good and one was bad. I told her to tell me the bad first. She said Allie (who is the little girl that is constantly hitting people) was sick today. Anoe said that she felt sad that Allie was sick. She prayed for her before her Mom came to get her. I just looked at her with a blank stare. I was like, how is that a 5 year old can get what I've just learned this weekend? Instead of being happy that Allie was gone because she was sick, Anoe felt bad for her. I can not remember a single day that Allies's clip has not been moved! So it's not just Anoe she is a bully to. I want to be more like my 5 year old! The two good things she had to tell me was that she had her Graduation Ceremony today and she did wonderful. (of course) And that she was thinking about me and her sister.

4 comments:

PRINCESS BRIDE said...

Oh the things our children can teach us. I know as an adult I am always trying to make things more difficult than they should be. God tells us to have the faith of a child. I guess we also need the heart of a child. My kids can be so hurt and angry at someone and in a blink of an eye they love them. If we could only forgive and forget so easily.
Love Ya

Tamara said...

Anoe is amazing. Thank you for sharing...and YES, come up with a survey, I CAN"T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ME...I think I'm boring, ha ha! :)
LOVE AND HUGS!
Tam

God's Warrior Bride said...

Out of the mouths of babes. As adults we make it hard, children on the other hand just take everything that God has to offer at face value and they never doubt. Um, maybe we should take a few lessons from them.

Lydianna Bradford said...

It is amazing how pure the hearts of our kids are. I am so excited to see what happens as this generation matures. It is going to be SOOO awesome!