Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day weekend

I was planning on the Labor Day weekend being full of rest and relaxation! I borrowed a book from Jennifer and was planning on reading the entire weekend. Yeah I only got to read a little bit Monday evening.

I woke up around 6:30 on Saturday for some crazy reason. Usually Anoe is up by 7:00 am on the weekends so I thought I would just stay up since she should be waking up soon. She didn't wake up until 9:00!!! That's amazing for Anoe. About 11 o'clock we went to Shoe Carnival so I could get the girls some shoes. There were so many crickets and beetles on the side of the building you couldn't even see the paint! It was the grossest thing ever. I do not like bugs at all. So of course I was seriously rethinking going inside the store. Alexis held one hand and Anoe held my other hand and they walked me in the store. Alexis had to let go of my hand at one point so she could open the door so I didn't have to stop walking at all. I was so freaked out! My friend Laura, that also lives at HHC met me at Shoe Carnival. When I was done we all went to Target. She needed to get her kids some long sleeve shirts and I wanted to get mine some more panties and socks. Target is just down the road from Shoe Carnival and there were NO crickets there. It was crazy. So for lunch we deciced to go to Chili's. I really felt bad for our waiter. He was really being over worked. Or at least that's my excuse for his poor waiting habits. Saturday afternoon I totally rearranged our rooms. I totally changed rooms with the girls! I really like the change so far. For dinner we made homemade pizzas. The girls loved it and it was actually a pretty cheap meal. And so much fun!

After church on Sunday I went and got some chicken and we had a picnic at my house. It was a lot of fun too. Everyone really liked it until the mosquitos came out. Jennifer helped me finish up my room and she took Anoe with her to Clyde for a little while. After I finished my laundry Alexis and I went out to Clyde to hang out with Jennifer and Kalista. (Xander was with his dad.) We came home around 11 o'clock. I thought we would go straight to bed, but Anoe put Are We Done Yet? on and I stayed up until it was over.

My Step-Mom called me pretty early Monday morning so I didn't really get to sleep in but that was ok. We ended up going out to Sweetwater for a little bit. I got to help my brother put trim up around the windows outside. It was pretty fun also.

All in all, we had a really awesome weekend! Hope everyone else did too!

1 comment:

Brandi Wilson said...

You did have a busy weekend! We did too. My brother was in town and he brought the Wii. Oh my gosh! I had so much fun with that thing. I'm way embarassed to admit how sore I am from playing that thing. I did the boxing too much (I was the champ so I had to keep proving myself.) Well, I'm paying for it today! Yikes! Anyway, I had a great time too.

I'm so excited about seeing you at life group tomorrow! I miss my Amanda time!!!!