Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Osama bin Laden


I tried to post my feelings about 9/11/01 around 5 or 6 times yesterday. I just couldn't do it. My heart breaks so much when I think what that one day has done to our Country! I remember that I was on my way back to work from dropping off Alexis at pre K. The DJ on the radio station I was on was cracking jokes about it. Of course as more light was shed on the situation all the jokes stopped. I was the manager at the Allsup's on 14th at the time. We were super busy that with everyone buying gas.

Every year I talk with the girls about what happened and why we're at war. And every year I get upset and cry a lot! Yesterday was no exception. Jennifer and I talked about it a little over lunch but she usually doesn't like to talk about that kind of stuff because of how upset I get. We were talking about what an awesome testimony it would be if Osama bin Laden came to knew God! Oh my goodness! I got so excited about the idea of bin Laden developing a relationship with God. How awesomely great would that be? So I decided that I would start praying for him. And not the usual prayer of God please show him what he is doing is wrong or for God to release a plague on him or anything. I mean I actually prayed that his eyes would be open to God and he would see that what he is doing is wrong. It was extremely hard for me to pray for him but I felt really good that I did. Of course I also prayed for all the families that lost loved ones, and the families that have lost loved ones in the war.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I sure love to read your blog. I know I haven't commented a ton lately but I have totally been thinking about you! LOVE AND HUGS!
Tam

ericaprosser said...

I wish had your faith.

Brenda M Becker said...

I love everything about you
Amanda, especially your tender heart toward God.