Monday, April 14, 2008

Baseball

Friday night the girls and I went to watch Mason play baseball. His team did awesome! They won! After the game we had to go over to Cherry's house because I forgot to get an ice chest from her that she was going to let me borrow. Well when we got there, I thought I would just go up and get it. Anoe and Alexis had other plans though. They weren't about to let me go inside and see Cherry, Mason, or Mike without them being able to see them too. (My kids love them!) So anyways, we all go in and Mike and his nephew Taylor are talking to Mason about stuff he needs to work on when he's playing and stuff. I'm really not sure what exactly they were saying, I wasn't really paying attention. After we left the Alexis told me that she felt bad for Mason because they were being mean to him. I tried to explain to her that they weren't being mean, that's just the way guys do stuff. I'm more the type that's like woo-hoo you did awesome. (Even if they lose) So she really had a hard time understanding what was going on. I don't think in any way that Mike was being mean to Mason! They were just more in to the whole thing.

Saturday we went to a Third Day concert before the Rangers game. It was so awesome. They did a couple of new songs that are coming out on their new CD July 29th and some old school stuff. It was just amazing! I really liked it.

The Rangers game was way awesome too. Anoe and I sat with Rachel and the kids from the ESC yellow team. I really like talking with Rachel so that was a lot of fun. I'm usually not really into the whole spending lots of time with kids thing. But I had a blast with the yellow team. I do have to say that Joey was the best though. He was just so happy and content with his peanuts! Rachel got up to take him to go get something and he had peanut shells ALL OVER HIMSELF!!! It was awesome. I got Anoe a frozen ice treat thing that she wanted. We asked Joey if he wanted some and he was like "sure yeah OK". I told him that I didn't have an extra spoon, so would he mind sharing with Anoe. He just shrugged his shoulders and said that it was fine. Anoe ended up moving to sit next to him so they could share better. He was just so sweet with her. Some of the older kids (not necessarily any that were present at the game)are kind of mean to Anoe. I'm sure it's because she looks bigger than 6, but she way acts like she's 6. And she can be hard to understand at times. But Joey was super sweet to her. He even shared some of his peanuts with her. But anyways, back to the game. We did the wave a whole bunch of times. And we got to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"! The ESC team left during the 7th inning so I moved over closer to Jennifer and Tony. Jennifer is so not into baseball! She enjoys all the commotion more than anything. I was really into yelling and screaming at the umpires. My throat was pretty sore Sunday morning. The Rangers lost though. But it was still a lot of fun!

Sunday after church the girls and I laid down for some quiet time, but I ended up sleeping for 3 hours! I really thought Anoe would have fallen asleep and taken a nap but she never did. She was super cranky Sunday morning at church.

In one month I'll be in Galveston! I'm so counting down (in case you couldn't tell)!

2 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

I'm glad you got to go, and I'm glad that Joey got to hang out with your family. He had a blast. I cannot believe how much he ate! WOW!!!

Unknown said...

SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME TRIP AND A WONDERFUL FUN FILLED TIME.