Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Answers

You know how sometimes you pray and pray and pray for something? And then when God gives you the answer you've been seeking it's totally not what you thought it would be? I know God has the perfect plan for me and my life, but dang I would be lieing if I said I didn't get frustrated that the answer wasn't what I was hoping for!

On to other stuff in the wonderful world of Amanda...
I have officially fallen in love with jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon! They are so bloomin' good it's almost ridiculous. I bought a deep fryer a couple of weeks ago, and I am planning on finally using it for the first time this week. I'm going to attempt to make an awesome blossom! And make some jalapenos in the oven. Not exactly the healthiest of meals, but I'll just walk a little extra or something.

I've been walking 3-4 nights a week. My usual routine is to walk around the playground, up by the pool, over around the basketball/tennis courts, and then back around to the playground again. I do this little route four times, which I think maybe hopefully comes to about one mile. I'm really not sure, but I'm going to say that it's super close to a mile. Anyways, Sunday I did 6 laps instead of my usual 4! Then Sunday evening I thought the girls could play at the park for a little bit and I could walk 4 more laps. Well, Anoe is totally into basketball right now. So she went straight for the basketball court and started bouncing her ball. I asked her if she wanted to play for a little bit and she got really excited about it. Alexis decided that she wanted to play too, and this other little girl "T" wanted to play too. So it was Alexis and Anoe against me and "T". It was so much fun! We weren't just throwing the ball either, we were actually running up and down the court! Nothing like the NBA of course, but still I was running! Anoe started feeling bad for me because "T" and I were losing. "T" didn't really like the whole running thing so she would just walk back and forth, and she couldn't quiet make the ball go into the basket and I was of course trying to let Anoe and Alexis win. (I'm a good Mom like that. OK fine Alexis was just really good! Dang there's no need to badger me!) So anyways, Anoe was feeling bad for me, so her and "T" traded teams so Anoe could help me win. Anoe's really good at dribbling, and traveling, but not so good with making baskets. And Alexis was like full force not letting me make a basket without her trying to steal the ball away. Anoe and I lost the game. And my sweet Anoe was so upset. I told her we would call her Uncle to see if he would come and play with us sometime this week. He could be on her team and Alexis and I would be on a team. I'm pretty sure Anoe and Joey will win that game. Joey's tall and skinny and has lots of energy so it'll be nothing for him to take on Alexis. And Anoe I will just dribble the ball whenever we make them give us a turn.

Last night Jennifer came to town with us, and we all went to watch Mason's game. It was so much fun! Xander started dancing for us during a little break. It was so flippin' awesome! I really wish I would have had my phone with me so I could have recorded it. He does some break dancing mixed with robot dancing, it's just awesome.

So if you read Jennifer's blog then you know that the New Kids on the Block are having a reunion tour. I just can not tell you how pumped I am about this! I have Hangin' Tough as a ringer on my phone! And I plan on getting The Right Stuff on my phone today! Oh! I also have the theme song from Saved By The Bell! I know everyone's going to be asking me where I got such cool ringers at. But I just can't share my secret right now. If I did, then everyone would have the same ringers, and what fun would that be? OK, maybe with a select few I'll share my secret.

Last subject! This past Saturday Alexis' Girl Scout troop went on a trip to Primetime to spend some of the money they earned from selling cookies this year. I was a little weary about taking 8 girls to Primetime for 3 hours. It ended up being awesome! They have this all day package, that included 33 attractions for $99.95. We got one of those, then some of the girls wanted to bowl and some wanted to golf, so we spent about 45 minutes doing that, each girl got a card with $5.00 on it so the could play arcade games, then we bought 6 more rides on the go karts. We were supposed to be back at the Girl Scout Hut at 3:30, but we didn't even leave Primetime until 3:30! Thankfully I didn't have to come back to Clyde. There were enough seats in the other leaders car that all the girls were able to ride back with her. So Alexis and I went back inside and went to the 3D Theatre thing. It was so much fun. We also played a few more games in the arcade and shared a hamburger. I would so recommend going to Primetime for a treat! It was just so much fun! They also have this package where you can have 3 hours of unlimited fun for $25.00. You have to have at least 10 in your party though for that.

I think that's everything that has been happening in my life for the past 2 weeks. We're going to a Rangers game this Saturday, so I'm sure I'll have stuff to blog about next week. Anoe and I have been practicing on our "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" song too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW PRIME TIME SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN. I HAVE NOT BEEN YET. AND IM SO PROUD OF YOU, YOU GETTING OUT THERE WITH YOUR GIRLS AND PLAYING B-BALL. YOU ARE A GREAT MOM.

Anonymous said...

you are mom of the year! and don't try to deny it or shrug it off! you are so awesome and your girls are sooooo blessed to have you. way to go with the walking! wow! and basketball. that's the one thing i hate about sports-all the running. i really want to go to primetime sometime. so, let's get a group of 10 together and go!