Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My baby isn't a baby anymore!

Alexis brought the following note home today:

April 2008

Dear Parent,

A film will be shown to all 4th grade girls on Monday, May 12. This film will provide your daughter with basic facts and reassurances about her growth and development. Topics that will be covered at school are female stages of development, female reproductive anatomy, the menstrual cycle, and personal care such as diet, exercise and hygiene. This film is designed to be a basic overview, with the puberty file in 5th grade expanding on the above topics.

Please sign the permission slip below and return it to your child's homeroom teacher as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call me at the school.

Sincerely,


Clare Nickel, RN
Clyde Intermediate School Nurse

***************************************************************
April 2008

My daughter, _______________________, has permission to view the 4th grade girls' film and participate in the class.

Parent/Guardian Signature _______________________








My Alexis is only 10 years old! This so can not be happening! Alexis and I had a little talk about it:

Me: Alexis do you want to go to watch this movie?
Alexis: What movie?
Me: The one this note is about.
Alexis: Oh, yeah sure of course.
Me: Do you know what it's about?
Alexis: My period.
Me: And what's a period?
Alexis: I don't know, that's why I need to go. And plus Hayley's going and I want to sit with her so we can talk.
Me: (with a crazy look on my face) Please go finish your homework!

5 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I don't want to think about such things. I can't imagine having to have the talk with my Jocie girl! How in the world are they going to understand about periods and such?

Well, we all do somehow.

I feel ya.

Anonymous said...

Well Sweet MOMMA, you should let her see the movie, the great thing is the nurse will be there to answer questions sometimes kids like to ask questions of that nature to a nurse... Casey did then she came home and explained all of it to me and then I corrected her on some things. After she gets home ask her questions about that moive they know more about things than we give them credit for that is for sure.

Anonymous said...

i remember it like it was yesterday...probably because it was only 12 years ago. the girls went to see the "girls" video and the boys went to see the "boys" video. some of the "trampy" girls told the boys what our video was about and even showed them their pads (a gift). oh my gosh! i was so embarassed about the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

i remember it like it was yesterday...probably because it was only 12 years ago. the girls went to see the "girls" video and the boys went to see the "boys" video. some of the "trampy" girls told the boys what our video was about and even showed them their pads (a gift). oh my gosh! i was so embarassed about the whole thing!

ericaprosser said...

time to buy a leash.