Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Decisions

The other day I saw a trampoline on sale. I thought "Oh my goodness! The girls would love a trampoline!" Just to make sure, I made sure Alexis was with me when we walked by it again and she asked if we could please buy one. I of course said, but inside I was secretly high fiving myself. I was so pumped. But the more I think about it, should I get a trampoline or a swimming pool? Trampolines can be used pretty much year round, where as a swimming pool can only be used during the summer. And a swimming pool requires lots and lots of upkeep. The girls won't be allowed to use either one when I'm not home of course, but with a swimming pool I'll have to be outside the whole time. On the other hand, it would be so awesome to be able to go swimming at home and not have to drive to Abilene every time we want to go swimming. And we could have swim parties too. Of course it won't be a huge pool or anything, but it would be so much fun! Every time I think I've talked my self into one or the other, I think of different reasons I should get the other one. If it was up to you, which would you choose? If I bought a trampoline now I could always buy a pool at the end of the summer when they're on sale. Ugh! I'm so not good at making decisions!!! Please help me!!!!

6 comments:

Pamelotta said...

I such a flake of a blogger, so you can take this with a grain of salt, but I'll just come right out and say it. Trampolines are so dangerous!

I realize that deep water is also dangerous, but you'd be much more likely to let your kids go out and play on the trampoline with you not watching and even if you were watching, they could fall off right in front of you and you could do nothing. With swimming, you'll always know you need to be out there watching.

Elliott's nephew just broke his arm on their trampoline and the orthopedic surgeon that saw him at the hospital said they literally see about 2 broken bone patients a day because of trampolines.
He said he'd never own one.

Also, will you personally use the trampoline or the swimming pool more?

Brandi Wilson said...

Trampolines are cool and you can use them all year. Alexis enjoys cheerleading so she could practice flips on them. I would recommend getting the cage. I loved when we had one because I wasn't so concerned with them getting hurt.

I love a pool too, but we have not been very successful with them. I had a hard time keeping it clean. We bought all the stuff, but for some reason I didn't maintain it like I should. We've had a couple of pools and they never worked out.

That's my input.

Brandi Wilson said...

Also, I will add that Miles' ortho dr has signs posted in every room saying why there's no reason on earth that you should have a trampoline!!! :)

God's Warrior Bride said...

This is a hard one. I actually loved both the trampoline and swimming when I was a kid. Now being an older and wiser, person (haha) I would have to say that I would still want both - actually you can wet the trampoline down and jump on it, but you can't bounce in a swimming pool, however you can jump from a trampoline into a pool, but then again . . . well as you can see I am totally no help.

The only thing I do know is pools are a lot of up keep as well as a nesting ground for mesquitos. And trampolines are dangerous without the cage.

Now see aren't you glad that I offered you such insight? HaHa!

Cherryberry said...

I totally say go for the trampoline.
Mason has broken his arm on one, like when he was 6 9r so,but it healed quite nicely.He even plays baseball. WOW.

The pool is fun when it is clean, but it is a lot of hard work and constant upkeep. When ours is no longer usable we will not be getting another one. But I think we will get a trampoline. Mason keeps begging for one anyway.. No room for both with the stupid electric line right through the back yard

Lydianna Bradford said...

Personally, I'm not buying either. We have great neighborhood pools (with waterslides and the whole shebang here) and swim season is shorter here....so I just don't find it worth the investment. Plus, I know I don't need more to keep up with. Trampolines scare the crap out of me. I've just heard about too many injuries and we have too many other people's kids over to take that kind of liability risk.