Saturday, March 21, 2009

Twilight

This past Friday, Twilight was released on DVD. There were a couple of places having release parties, and I though Wal-Mart would be the most kid friendly one. So at 10:30 PM my girls, two friends of Alexis' and I all got in my car and drove to Wal-Mart. We were in line by 11:00 PM and there was already a huge line in front of us. Below is a picture I took with my phone of the people that were in front of us. Up at the front, where you might think the line ends, well it doesn't. It actually turns to the left there and goes down about the same distance and then turns again. It's really hard to explain. There were about 100 people in front of me in the line though. The girls that were in line first actually got there at 8:00 PM!!!!



This is Alexis waiting in line with me. She took her "I heart boys who sparkle" tote in with her. In case you don't know, Edward (the main male character who is a vampire) sparkles in the sunlight. I took a picture of Anoe, but she had just gotten in trouble for touching something so she looks really mad. So I'm not going to post that one.



This was seriously the most fun I've ever had! It was such a blast. Up on the TVs there were clips from the movie, songs from the movie, and interviews with the director and different actors playing. When it was 10 minutes till time for the movie to be released, a timer came up on the screen. It was so exciting seeing how much long it was until the movie would be sold. Then at the 10 second mark everyone started yelling 10, 9, 8, 7, 6..... then at 1 everyone started screaming. The kids loved that part! Below is the picture of my receipt showing that I bought 2 Twilight movies at 12:23:04.

On November 20, 2009 New Moon should be in theatres! I'm so going to the midnight showing of it too! Again, in case you don't know, New Moon is the second book in the Twilight series.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG YOUR AN AWESOME MOM. I WOULD HAVE NEVER STOOD IN LINE FOR ANY MOVIE. NOPE NOT A MOVIE OUT THERE THAT I WANT TO BUY THAT BAD....LOL
BUT YOU ARE AN AMAZING MOM TO DO THAT WITH YOUR KIDS. KUDOS

Amanda said...

I appreciate the compliment, but honestly I was more excited than the kids most of the time. I guess I should of said this in the post but I've gone to watch the movie 7 times, Alexis has gone 6, and Anoe 5. We're all really into it!

Brandi Wilson said...

Just picture me rolling my eyes.

:)

Jennifer said...

Did you notice that the girl in the background in both of those pictures is messing with her hair?

Amanda said...

No I did not notice that, but she did mess with it a lot. It was kind of irritating. Her hair was everywhere!!!!!!

Cherryberry said...

You are totally insane.
I thought you preordered two of them also????
What i the world are you going to do with 4 copies of Twilight?
I love you