Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trying something new

Yesterday I blogged about nothing going on in my world. Well, that's not entirely true. Every day my kids do something that makes me smile, laugh, or wonder what I did to deserve them. They're so awesome! So for the next 2 weeks my personal goal will be to blog something cool that they did or said everyday. I may not blog on the weekends though.

Last night Alexis was in charge of cleaning up the living room. We alternate chores so nobody gets stuck doing the same thing all the time. Well, she was trying to vacuum but dirt was going everywhere. We live on a dirt road so there's lots of dust! And with the recent rain there has been lots and lots of mud tracked in. Alexis was not happy with what was happening. She got down on floor and took the vacuum apart. She figured out where the filters were and everything. She cleaned all of them, put it back together and finished vacuuming. She even made a little chart of when each of the filters is supposed to be cleaned. When I told her I thought it was so awesome she was able to take the vacuum apart and put it back together, and it work properly she just shrugged her shoulders and was like "It's no big deal". She is really good with mechanical stuff like that. She even fixed the toilet in her bathroom when I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. She amazes me! One minute she's all frilly and girly wanting to straighten her hair and putting on lip gloss and the next minute she's fixing the toilet or vacuum. I'm so blessed to have a child that can work on stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG that is so awesome about taking the vacuum apart and putting it back together. I think she is a genious or something. My 27 year old daughter couldn't even do that. You know how I know this? Because about a month ago she was whining about how the vacuum was not working and I told her several times to take it apart. Well long story short, I ended up at their apartment and I brought the vacuum home and took it apart. Needless to say it was sooo clogged up. But I did get it cleaned up and working properly. This 27 year old couldn't even figure out how to take it apart and clean it. I mean come on, Alexis is a genious in my book.

Jennifer said...

Alexis blesses me with her presence all the time. Especially since she still thinks I'm cool (at least to my face she does). Word up.